An open call for 100 Bands to play in various venues across Melbourne on International Jazz Day.
[from the media release]
As the world’s host city for International Jazz Day, Melbourne will be swinging to the sound of 100 BANDS on April 30th. There is going to be jazz in the air right across the city as musicians take to the streets to celebrate this iconic day.
If you have a jazz band, simply go tothe Jazz Day Australia websiteand click on 100 BANDS for details. It’s first in, most swinging so don’t delay, register your band now to be a part of this world wide celebration.
- Melbourne Royal Botanical Gardens
- National Gallery of Victoria
- State Library Victoria Lawns
- Federation Square/ outside St Paul’s Cathedral
- Flinders Street Station and Southern Cross Station
- Bourke Street Mall
- Hosier Lane – Graffiti
- City Circle Tram
- OutsideHamerHall on Dock – Southbank
- Yarra River Cruise
- Queen Victoria Market
- Parliament Gardens
- Waverley Gardens Mulgrave (Victorian Premier Daniel Andrew’s Electorate)
- Tullamarine Airport
- Tram Car Restaurant